The tour, which is able to final about 11 minutes from takeoff to touchdown, will kick off from Blue Origin’s amenities at an especially distant plot of land close to Van Horn, Texas, which is about two hours from El Paso, on Tuesday July 20 at 8 a.m. CT or 9 a.m. ET, climate allowing.
Blue Origin can also be anticipated to host a post-flight press briefing with Bezos and his fellow passengers.
This is a breakdown of all of the necessary moments of the day (Observe: T- signifies “time earlier than liftoff.” If all goes to plan, “T” can be 9 a.m. ET. If there are climate delays, the timeline beneath will maintain, however the “T” will change.):
- T-90 minutes: Webcast begins
- T-45 minutes: Astronauts depart Blue Origin’s Astronaut Coaching Heart for the launch pad
- T-Half-hour: Astronauts climb the launch tower. If all is “go,” they’ll climb aboard the crew capsule
- T-24 minutes: Hatch on the New Shepard crew capsule will shut
- T0: Liftoff
- T+ 3 minutes (roughly): Capsule surpasses 62 miles in altitude, a widely known boundary of outer area
- T+ 4 minutes (roughly): The capsule reaches the highest of its flight path and the passengers spend a couple of minutes in weightlessness
- T+8 minutes: New Shepard rocket booster lands on a close-by floor pad
- T+11 minutes: New Shepard crew capsule, with parachutes deployed, lands close by
- T+22 minutes: Hatch opens and astronauts disembark
- T+Half-hour: Webcast concludes
- T+ 2 hours (roughly): Press convention with Bezos and different astronauts begins